Bilingual Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
|Title:||Bilingual Administrative Assistant / Receptionist|
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization 501(c)(3) that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
provides administrative and clerical support to the Office of Administration and the Executive Director, working in close coordination with the Executive Assistant.
Full-time exempt (salaried) position with benefits
Director of Administration
PADF Headquarters, Organization of American States Building, Washington, D.C.
Position is available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the Executive Office
: Promptly prepare emails and various documents in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other formats. Conduct internet research and perform related tasks such as interlibrary on-line searches and visiting libraries as needed.
Provide support to professional staff
: Translate and edit documents from English to Spanish and Spanish to English; coordinate internal and external meetings; prepare travel materials; contact partners; draft routine correspondence in English and Spanish on the basis of verbal instructions; help coordinate special events; prepare PADF material and publications to be mailed, file physical and electronic documents, and other tasks not specifically listed herein but which may be required within the context of special needs of PADF.
Carry out receptionist tasks
: Answer and place local and international phone calls and conference calls; screen and refer calls to the appropriate staff; answer general inquiries about PADF in an accurate and comprehensive manner; assist visitors; order and maintain office supplies; receive, review, sort and distribute all incoming correspondence; ensure prompt and accurate courier pick-up and delivery of correspondence, packages and other materials while keeping accurate records for accounting purposes; go on brief errands for administrative tasks or to support special events.
It is understood that this position requires a great deal of judgment regarding information provided to external callers, visitors and employees. The incumbent must be able to exercise discretion and excellent judgment that reflects favorably on PADF’s image and relations with employees, visitors, callers, and high-level OAS officials, diplomats, and Board Trustees, among other visitors.
It is expected that the incumbent will be sufficiently sensitive to the overall needs of the Foundation, and recognize on his/her own when such requirements may be necessary, as well as responding to specific requests from senior staff for assistance after official work hours.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of experience as an administrative professional in a comparable organization.
Qualifications and skills:
- Must be fully bilingual with strong oral and writing skills in English and Spanish, able to work effectively and efficiently in both languages.
- Commitment to a long term career as an administrative professional
- Superior skills with the following software: Full Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Superior bilingual communication skills with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision and handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Consistent attention to detail and strong self-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Provide outstanding customer service: must demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, both internally and externally, and understand the impact of their work on others
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Maintain a consistent and reliable presence at work station
- Take the initiative to identify, act on and resolve problems
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for all persons
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications