Senior Civil Society Education Manager
|Title:||Senior Civil Society Education Manager|
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization 501(c)(3) that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).
Senior Civil Society Educational Manager
Washington DC with travel to Latin America
Reports to the Chief of Party
Estimated date, late 2013 depending on award date.
Undergraduate degree in education, political science, international relations, social sciences, administration, or other related field. Advanced degree preferred. (Master’s degree or higher).
Language Proficiency Required
Superior oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 8 years in positions related to experiential/international education exchanges, preferably serving disadvantaged or marginalized populations.
- Knowledge of human rights, democracy, advocacy, and civil society development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Proven ability to lead a team through the complexities and challenges of a broad range of learning, assessment, and outcomes based issues across a range of faculty, student, and research programs.
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing projects and/or processes.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with individuals from sensitive environments or post-conflict situations is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated leadership and team-building experience; proactive, ability to communicate effectively with program/technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, negotiate and coordinate with educational institutions, consortium partners, exchange participants and others in complex and highly sensitive environments.
- Demonstrated flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience with U.S. government funded programs strongly preferred.
The incumbent will:
- Be responsible for designing a coherent experiential learning plan that includes theoretical learning and experiential learning opportunities for grassroots leaders from Latin America.
- Assist in identifying new partnerships and work with existing Latin American and U.S. based partner institutions to develop training programs or materials for international civil society participants.
- Draft and/or oversee the development or adaptation of training materials relating to leadership, human rights, organizational strengthening, technical skills (i.e. computer programming, software development, desktop publishing, video production and editing, human resource management), and related topics for Spanish-language speakers.
- Participate on review committee for selection of participants for each educational program cycle.
- Monitor, review and analyze reports from partners in Latin America. Oversee implementation of activities.
- Liaise with implementing partner organizations to support Program activities as required.
- Work with staff on monitoring program progress of educational exchange participants, identifying opportunities for follow up.
- Be responsible for submission of high quality written reports in English and Spanish on program activities capturing impacts related to all activities.
- Other duties as required.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications