|Title:||New Business Development Short-term Consultant – Honduras|
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, brings together many stakeholders to improve livelihoods, empower communities, strengthen civil society, support human rights, protect the environment and respond to natural disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean. Established by the Organization of American States in 1962, PADF has worked in every country in the region. In 2017 PADF reached 10.3 million people through sustainable development initiatives in Latin American and Caribbean countries.
PADF seeks a Tegucigalpa, Honduras based short-term consultant to support its business development activities in Honduras. The consultant will provide PADF’s Honduras leadership with the information and insights necessary to secure the financial resources required to build upon and expand our robust portfolio of innovative donor-funded programs.
Six (6) months: starting immediately.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out in-depth scoping and research on potential funding partners, including bi-lateral cooperation agencies; embassies; multi-lateral development banks; and private sector actors (business chambers, corporate partners).
- Undertake mapping of potential donors against PADF Honduras program priorities.
- Prepare briefing documents on potential funders for Country Director and other PADF leadership.
- Develop marketing materials and presentations for external use.
- Facilitate introductions and meetings for potential partners.
- Draft follow-on correspondence, lead or support submission of expressions of interest and other required documents and provide other punctual support to PADF business development efforts.
- Maintain tracker of key organizations/contacts.
- Coordinate with Country Director and PADF Washington staff to support new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and spoken Spanish and English
- Minimum 5 years of business development experience, preferably with international NGO or similar.
- Experience with building relationships with donors including governments and private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development.
- In-depth knowledge of Honduran international and domestic donor environment.
- Relevant university degree.