The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, brings together many stakeholders to improve livelihoods, empower communities, strengthen civil society, support human rights, protect the environment and respond to natural disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean. Established by the Organization of American States in 1962, PADF has worked in every country in the region. In 2018 PADF reached more than 10.3 million people through sustainable development initiatives in Latin American and Caribbean countries.
PADF is looking for an energetic and committed individual to join its headquarters team, working closely with the Programs team. PADF is a vibrant organization that allows its staff a hands-on, valuable opportunity to gain exposure to an international nonprofit working in the fields of:
- Economic opportunities, health, nutrition and education
- Democracy, governance and human rights
- Peace, justice and security; resilience
- Disaster management and climate adaptation
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will be required to perform a range of tasks and assignments, including administration, communication and outreach, proposal development, and other assigned tasks. In addition, will conduct selected research assignments, depending on overall program and new business priorities.
PADF Headquarters, Washington, DC. Full-time position with benefits.
Must have a bachelor’s degree, a working knowledge of hemispheric affairs, and prior writing experience.
Language Proficiency Required:
Fluency in English and Spanish, with strong oral and writing skills in English.
1-3 years of administrative and program experience working for an international or non-profit organization, preferably with direct field experience in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Work Skills Required:
- Strong writing, proofreading, and research skills;
- Clear understanding of and identification with PADF’s mission and program activities;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff in Washington D.C. and in the field, as well PADF partners;
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong analytic skills and ability to respond quickly and efficiently to requests;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and other technology.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support general program management efforts, including report writing, budget tracking of program activities and outputs;
- Assist with the review and analysis of documents and information received from partners and/or field teams;
- Manage internal PADF program administrative procedures; ensure compliance with PADF policies and procedures;
- Assist in ensuring that all program documentation is current and complete;
- Maintain program tracking documentation and databases;
- Support projects as needed with correspondence, research, and other tasks as assigned;
- Liaise with other program, finance and administrative teams within the organization and contribute to the organization’s overall interdepartmental effectiveness;
- Support proposal development processes as needed;
- Travel to projects in Latin America and the Caribbean as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.