|Title:||Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer|
|Location:||Mexico City, Mexico|
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).
PADF seeks a Mexico City, Mexico-based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for a U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) Project. This 4-year project will improve working conditions in the Mexican automotive supply chain, with a focus on small and medium size manufacturers while seeking employer compliance with new labor requirements. The M&E Officer will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and operation of all monitoring and evaluation activities under the project, including data collection, management and quality assessment activities; and the design and implementation of performance monitoring plans. Position is contingent on funding. Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Coordinate all M&E activities according to the approved work plan and in consultation with USDOL and key stakeholders.
- Design project M&E system, including development of gender-specific indicators.
- Carry out data quality analysis surveys.
- Train partner organizations on project M&E system.
- Facilitate and support independent external evaluations.
- Liaise with USDOL, international organizations, private sector partner organizations, and national, state and local governments in Mexico to support project activities as required.
- Ensure that benchmarks, performance goals and indicators are monitored and achieved.
- Be responsible for submission of high-quality written reports in English and Spanish on project activities capturing impacts related to all activities.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, and developing M&E and/or performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally managed evaluation or research initiatives.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in statistics, demography, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962. www.padf.org
PADF’s core values. “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
When applying for this position, please include a cover letter and compensation requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled