The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks to create a just, peaceful, and prosperous hemisphere where every person has the opportunity to thrive. We work with vulnerable people across the hemisphere to tackle some of our region’s greatest development challenges. We partner with, empower, and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the people of Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Join us!
Communications Associate Position:
PADF seeks a highly motivated and creative person to fill a Communications Associate position. The Communications Associate will work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Lead to produce multimedia content, maintain PADF’s social media presence and website, design materials for print and online use, and assist with administrative duties as assigned.
- Produce multimedia content, including videos, podcasts, photo galleries, data visualization, and more. Content should convey PADF’s impact and support new business goals.
- Maintain PADF’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Produce a schedule for regular posting and track growth and engagement.
- Maintain corporate website, PADF.org. Collect and produce compelling content focused on PADF’s impact, human interest angle and new business goals.
- Design and update PADF materials, such as corporate templates (letterhead, business cards, etc.), brochures, factsheets, infographics, posters, and PowerPoint presentations. Larger design projects, such as the annual report, will be outsourced.
- Assist with maintenance of corporate style guide.
- Teamwork – The Communications Associate must have demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with colleagues across the organization and from different cultures (HQ and field offices).
- Results Orientation – For our rapidly evolving and deadline-driven environment, a focus on results is a top requirement. Strong ability to prioritize workload, effective time-management skills, attention to detail, and responsiveness to tasks and assignments.
- Initiative – As part of a small team, the Communications Associate will be expected to focus on deliverables; taking the initiative to suggest new ideas and approaches, following through with tasks, and evaluating results where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- High level of creativity.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Eager and willing to add to their knowledge base and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, graphic design or similar.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in communications, with a high level of creativity.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Experience or interest in working for an international development organization.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962.
PADF’s core values.
“H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Benefits. PADF offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Best in the industry insurance coverage, including medical, dental, vision (also covering domestic partners), life and accidental death and dismemberment and disability
- 10% contribution of base salary to 403(b) retirement account after one year of service, and opportunity for your own tax-advantaged savings on your hire date
- Flexible spending account to apply pre-tax income to health or dependents care expenses
- Generous time-off benefits, including holiday, vacation, personal, and sick days. Office closed for holiday break
- Parking or metro transit subsidy
- Tuition assistance and professional development opportunities
- Employees assistance and referral programs
- Select OAS benefits, including membership to the OAS Staff Federal Credit Union
Diversity. PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
When applying for this position, please include a cover letter and compensation requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled