|Title:||Short-Term Proposal Consultant, US Department of Labor|
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).
PADF seeks a short-term Proposal Consultant to support its bids related to labor issues in Latin American and the Caribbean. The consultant will support PADF’s proposal design and development efforts. This is a remote position that may involve travel to PADF’s Washington, D.C. headquarters.
Providing guidance to PADF on labor proposal requirements, including child labor, forced labor, human trafficking, and/or workplace exploitation.
Reviewing and providing written input on draft proposal sections for compliance, completeness and clarity.
Liaising with international labor organizations, host governments and local institutions during potential capture activities.
- Proven experience on labor-related issues and broad experience in agriculture supply and value chains.
- Expertise with the US Department of Labor required
- Engagement in coalition building and public-private partnerships promotion
- Deep understanding of economic empowerment in LAC
- Experience developing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) proposal components or experience developing Comprehensive M&E Plans highly desired
- Excellent English writing skills
- Relevant university degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel highly preferred
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962. www.padf.org
PADF’s core values. “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate based on ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world. PADF is an equal opportunity employer.